The Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA) today announced the final agenda for its 22nd Annual Fall Life Settlement & Compliance Conference, to be held on October 16th-18th at the scenic Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Ariz.
ORLANDO, Fla., Aug. 24, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA) today announced the final agenda for its 22nd Annual Fall Life Settlement & Compliance Conference, to be held on October 16th-18th at the scenic Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Ariz.
“This year’s Fall Conference will once again bring together professionals who participate in all aspects of the life settlement industry – brokers, providers, institutional investors, actuaries, attorneys, accountants and many other industry professionals,” said Darwin M. Bayston, CFA, president and chief executive officer of LISA. “Our program combines a breadth of serious educational content with informal networking opportunities, all presented in a beautiful and relaxed environment in Scottsdale.”
This year’s event features a special Compliance Track for compliance professionals and attorneys that will be hosted on Sunday, October 16th. Participants will attend sessions to help them maintain compliance standards for themselves, their companies and their business partners. They will also obtain updates on new laws, as well as recent and pending litigation, and are eligible to obtain CLE credits.
The main conference takes place on Monday, October 17th and Tuesday, October 18th. The theme for this year’s Fall Conference is “Shaping the Future” and conference sessions will focus on topics such as:
- Market reviews and forecasts
- Technology trends in life settlement transactions
- Changes in public policy affecting life settlements
- Business ethics for the evolving industry
- Developments with lead generation and other business development strategies
To review the entire agenda, please click here.
LISA’s 2016 Fall Conference will feature a lineup of several influential speakers, including:
- Scott Hawkins, vice president at Conning & Co., where he is responsible for producing research and strategic studies related to the life and retirement insurance industry. Mr. Hawkins has more than 20 years of experience in the insurance industry.
- Nancy B. Rapoport, special counsel to the president of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). She is also the Garman Turner Gordon Professor of Law at the William S. Boyd School of Law, UNLV, and is an affiliate professor of business law and ethics in the Lee Business School at UNLV.
- Jeffrey Bollerman, director of the illiquid financial assets practice at Houlihan Lokey, where he advises institutional investors seeking liquidity solutions for non-exchange-traded assets that are difficult to value and price.
- Darryl Glatthorn, chief executive officer of RiverRock Funds. Mr. Glatthorn’s professional experience includes more than 12 years in the life settlement industry, in addition to founding Equus Financial Consulting LLC, a FINRA licensed broker-dealer specializing in private placements and alternative investments.
- Steven Sklaver, partner at Susman Godfrey LLP and a member of the law firm’s executive committee, who has successfully represented insurance policy owners in a number of disputes with insurance companies.
Bayston advises there are still conference registration slots available for attendees, but hotel room availability is filling up quickly. For more information or to register now, please click here.