LISA EVENTS: THE GOLD STANDARD OF THE INDUSTRY
LISA conferences are the industry standard. For more than 20 years, LISA has represented every part of the industry at its various professional conferences.
It is the mission of LISA’s conferences to present an agenda in an environment that fosters discussion, analysis and debate. We acknowledge the past and the present, and focus on the issues that are important to future growth.
Our speakers are simply among the best in their respective areas of expertise, both inside and outside of the industry. LISA’s flagship conferences deliver the most experienced and knowledgeable faculty who are involved in the business, discussing the most important and relevant topics facing the industry.
In addition to the reliable educational content, LISA events are also important forums for professional networking. Our conferences are among the only events where all of the major players in the life settlement industry gather in-person, so the opportunities for face-to-face meetings about business opportunities are unsurpassed. We understand that and plan all of our events in a way that not only enables, but actually encourages professional networking.
Latest Conferences and Events
Life Settlement Challenge Series
The Challenge Series is a unique exercise exploring the key challenges facing the life settlement industry and how LISA approaches solutions. In the Fall and Winter of 2020, we tackled specific topics with interactive dialogue on how we navigate the challenges together heading into 2021.
October 15th | State and Societal Benefits of the Life Settlement Industry – A Case Study
- On Thursday, October 15 the Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA) conducted the first webinar in its Life Settlements Challenge Series. The purpose of the Challenge series is to create a unique member’s only experience to explore key challenges facing the Life Settlement industry and how LISA plans to approach and lead on developing solutions to these issues. The session, entitled Defining the Need for Life Settlement Industry Data: Case Study Development and Use, featured remarks from Ashar Group CEO Jon Mendelsohn and LISA Executive Director Bryan Nicholson.
October 29th | Articulating Why Life Settlements are Valuable to Institutional Investors
- The Challenge Series conducted its second installment on October 29 at 1:00 PM EDT with a presentation titled “Articulating Why Life Settlements are Valuable to Institutional Investors.”Steven Shapiro, President and CEO at Q Capital Strategies, Jeff Bollerman, Managing Director at Houlihan Lokey, and your industry peers explored the history of life settlements as an institutional investor, the current state of LS in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, and what LISA can do to support the continued growth of the industry.
November 19th | An Education: Navigating a Complex Regulatory Landscape
- Join Tom Sherman, Of Counsel, Locke Lord LLP, and your colleagues as we explore the current status of 6050-Y compliance reporting, updates on 1099 Copy-A compliance, and what LISA can do to provide its members’ clarity on next steps and build consensus around opportunities to inform key stakeholders.
December 3rd | Annals of Insurance: Clarifying the Process of Life Settlement
- Join Steven Shapiro of Q Capital Strategies, Chris Conway of ISC Services, and your colleagues as we explore the current life settlement transaction life cycle and how process improvements and stakeholder engagement can potentially drive efficiencies and scale life settlement industry growth.
December 17th | Making a Transition from 2020 to 2021: How LISA Sees It
- We invite you to join LISA Executive Director Bryan Nicholson and your colleagues as we explore what we have learned through the execution of the Challenge Series and how those learnings will be turned into actionable activities to support life settlement industry growth into 2021
LISA’s Annual Member’s Meeting & Town Hall
Join LISA Members and invited guests as we dive into a discussion on “Corporate Compliance/Ethics Program Development and Enforcement” with Jeffrey M. Kaplan of Kaplan & Walker LLP.
Bringing in an expert on compliance, we will discuss the guiding principles to developing codes of conduct and how they can be applied to the LS industry in real-time.
October 14th | LISA Annual Member’s Meeting
- The October 14 Member’s Meeting and Town Hall served as LISA’s annual business meeting and featured remarks from LISA Chair Chris Conway and Executive Director Bryan Nicholson. A detailed accounting of LISA’s 2020 activities and initiatives was provided during the session, along with a review of activities planned for the remainder of the year and into 2021. LISA’s 2021 Board of Directors was also announced during the meeting.
October 13th | LISA Town Hall
- The October 13 session featured remarks from Jeffrey M. Kaplan, a partner in the Princeton, New Jersey office of Kaplan & Walker LLP. Mr. Kaplan, who has spent his career assisting companies in developing, implementing, and reviewing corporate compliance and ethics programs, provided his perspective on a range of issues related to those topics. LISA is contemplating a series of activities to update its existing member code of conduct. Mr. Kaplan’s remarks will serve as a valuable resource towards that effort.