Established in 1994, the Life Insurance Settlement Association is the oldest and largest trade organization in the life settlement market
LISA’s membership consists of:
- Financing entities; and
- Service providers to the industry (law firms, medical underwriters, consultants, investment funds, actuarial firms, trustees and escrow agents )
Members provide essential services to policy owners and industry participants. The life settlement industry is a dynamic marketplace representing the needs of life insurance policy owners and we are proud to serve as its leading voice. The members of LISA have brought consumers around the world billions of dollars in additional value for their life insurance policies.
LISA members rank among the industry’s largest and most respected life settlement companies
- Members provide essential services to policy owners and industry participants.
- All LISA members are subject to a rigorous vetting process prior to acceptance.
- LISA members must review and accept both the LISA Bylaws and the LISA Code of Ethics, as well as provide a thorough review of their business practice in the industry.
- LISA members must submit an annual statement attesting to adherence to the code of ethics and life settlement laws and regulation under which they operate.
- LISA offers two types of membership – the Voting Membership and the Associate Membership. Each offers its own benefits and distinctions.
The mission of the Life Insurance Settlement Association (LISA) is to advance the highest standards of practice and professional development for the industry, and to educate consumers and advisors about a life settlement as an alternative to lapse or surrender of a life insurance policy.
To promote the development, integrity and reputation of the life settlement industry and advocate for a competitive marketplace.
LISA is the nation’s oldest and largest organization representing participants in the life settlement industry with a current membership of more than 90 Companies, doing business in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Our membership consists of brokers, providers, financing entities and service providers to the industry.
Since its inception, LISA has been the leader in promoting responsible legislation and regulation in the industry. Members and staff have contributed conceptual as well as detailed language to laws governing the industry in every regulated state. These efforts have resulted in improved public information and awareness while helping to create a competitive marketplace that delivers a valuable financial service to consumers.